Free Virtual Conference
2 PM - 4 PM
9 AM - 11:30 AM
Please join us for a free virtual conference focused on addressing student food insecurity at New Jersey colleges and universities. We will highlight innovative programming at institutions across the state and discuss how to move our campuses toward becoming hunger free.
Attendance is free.
Featured Remarks From
Thursday – February 10th | 2 P.M. – 4 P.M.
A Social Justice Approach to Addressing Basic Needs Insecurity
- 2:00 P.M. – Welcome from President Holloway and Governor Murphy
- 2:20 P.M. – Keynote: Dr. Rashida Crutchfield, A Social Justice Approach to Addressing Basic Needs Insecurity: Reimagining the Transformative Possibility of Holistic Higher Education
- 3:00 P.M. – Q&A and small group discussions
- 3:55 P.M. – Closing remarks
Friday – February 11th | 9 A.M. – 11:30 A.M.
Moving NJ forward: Next steps for NJ
- 9:00 A.M. – Welcome
- 9:10 A.M. – Remarks from NJ Secretary of Higher Education
- 9:15 A.M. – Panel 1: Policy & Advocacy Panel
- 10:15 A.M. – Panel 2: Innovative Programming and Practices in NJ
- 11:00 A.M. – Small group discussions
- 11:25 A.M. – Closing remarks
Conference Organizing Team
- Barbara Blackwell, Program Coordinator, Off-Campus & Community Initiatives
- Stephanie Brescia, Assistant Professor of Practice, School of Education.
- Hend El Buri, Director, Nutrition and Food Pantry, Rutgers University-Newark
- Cara Cuite, Assistant Professor, Rutgers Cooperative Extension and Department of Human Ecology
- Samantha DeMarse, M.Ed. Candidate for College Student Affairs at Rutgers University, Graduate Coordinator Intern
- Judith Keller, Senior Administrative Assistant
- Anne Newman, Associate Vice Chancellor and Dean of Students
- Lisa Pitz, Outreach Director, Hunger Free New Jersey
- Kerri Willson, Associate Dean of Students/Director of Off-Campus & Community Initiatives