Join PROJECT MOVE-OUT: free bulk waste recycling initiative for Rutgers students living in New Brunswick
Rutgers University and the City of New Brunswick are partnering in Project Move Out to recover discarded furniture, appliances and textiles in order to keep these items out of landfills and reduce our carbon footprint.
Benefits of participating in Project Move Out
- Collected items will be recycled.
- Freon will be recovered from discarded appliances to prevent leakage into the environment.
- Individuals (landlords and tenants) will avoid municipal fines ($150-$2,000) for violations of the New Brunswick trash ordinance.
Project Move Out 2021
Students may drop off their bulk waste items in Lot 30 behind the College Ave Gym May 24-28 from 7am- 3pm.
Rutgers ID is required and students must wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- Residents in other communities should check with their local Department of Public Works for bulk trash removal information.
Materials which will not be collected by Project Move Out include:
- vegetative waste
- construction materials
- regular household garbage
- hazardous waste
- flammable/explosive waste
- mandatory recyclable materials