The Student Involvement Department welcomes all new and returning commuter students.
There is a comprehensive range of services, support, and space for the thousands of commuter students that attend Rutgers University every year. The goals of our department are to:
- Ensure that the needs of commuter students are acknowledged and addressed.
- Facilitate the integration of commuter students into the Rutgers community.
- Sponsor various events for commuter students throughout the academic year.
- Identify and encourage the academic achievement and leadership development of commuter students.
- Send out a monthly listserv to all commuter students via email. This listserv includes upcoming events, special notices, updates and opportunities for commuter students from various departments and offices at the University.
We encourage students to get involved in the Rutgers Commuter Student Association (RCSA). The Rutgers Commuter Student Association is a volunteer student organization whose primary interest is to advocate and fulfill the needs and interests of commuters and off-campus students through:
- Involvement with governing boards throughout the University in order to assist in the implementation of policies that affect the off-campus population and the community at large.
- Collaboration with other student organizations and departments throughout the university.
- Events that promote student integration into the Rutgers community.
- Informational meetings and leadership opportunities for its members.
For more information contact Susan Romano, Assistant Director, Student Involvement.